Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fix broken Windows 7 shortcuts and icons, caused by Dropbox?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigbadbren666

bigbadbren666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

I installed "Dropbox" to try and run android programs, but in the end gave up on it and uninstalled it. But now ALL my shortcuts and icons (internet explorer, my documents, skype etc etc) have all been replaced with Dropbox icons. How do I undo it/restore all icons to original program functionality?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:08 AM

rebuild your iconcache file.

tutorial here

Saves me typing it out :rolleyes:

TsVk!

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

If the icons are truly changed (the functionality also, rather than just their appearance) I would use system restore back to before you installed Dropbox.

Let us know how you go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users