Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word Documents Page Number Size

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whatapalaver

whatapalaver

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

When I create multiple page Word documents, I number each page, usually at the bottom and in the centre.

There seems to be no way to change the size of the page number font, or to make the page number font BOLD.

Is there a way to do it?

Best wishes. whatapalaver

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

Once you have the footer set up as you want it (view/header and footer), then highlight the text area inside the footer box provided. You can then change the font and size as you would text in the body of the document.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 whatapalaver

whatapalaver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

Many thanks jgweed. After a few attempts I have managed to do it, though I failed to highlight the whole area of the footer box. The footer box would not highlight so I created all the page numbers the old way [it was a six page document], then created a footer box and double clicked the number of the first page. That put a narrow vertical line over the number. I then increased the number's font size and emboldened it and closed the footer box. All the numbers were ok but I think there could be an easier way to get the same result. If you will explain in a little more detail I shall be very grateful.

Cheers, whatapalaver

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:58 AM

Don't highlight the box, but the text inside the box. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 whatapalaver

whatapalaver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

Success. Thanks. whatapalaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users