Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome Crashes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 just4funguy

just4funguy

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

everytime I start Google Chrome it crashes and I get a dialogue box that says "Whoa, Google Chrome has crashed...Restart Now!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

I'd switch to Firefox.

Does Chrome have a 'safe mode' (start chrome with addons disabled). If it does you could try that and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't then you can try to find out which addon causes the problem.

#3 bandicoot_

bandicoot_

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

One thing:

May I know what Windows Vista version you have (original, SP1, SP2) and the type of Vista?

You can check by typing "winver" into your Start menu search box and press the enter key.

#4 just4funguy

just4funguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

Windows Vista Version 6.0 Build 6002 Service Pack 2

#5 just4funguy

just4funguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

Does Chrome have a 'safe mode' (start chrome with addons disabled). If it does you could try that and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't then you can try to find out which addon causes the problem.

Not sure how to do this...when I try to open Chrome it closes immediately and doesn't allow an opportunity to amend setting...I did start my computer up in safe mode and tried to open chrome and still had the same problem...

#6 just4funguy

just4funguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

You can try to fix these crashes by updating, disabling, or uninstalling any conflicting antivirus software listed on your computer.

Not sure how to find these...I downloaded Chrome Canary and then enter chrome:conflicts in the address bar and a bunch of stuff showed up but I couldn't tell what was causing problems or how to remove anything if it were...

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

Try this link

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users