Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

5 beeps only when i'm playing a graphics intensive game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dudnaito

dudnaito

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

MOBO is ASROCK P67 EXTREME 4 GEN 3

I had my PC holed up in the garage for 2-3 months. Just in case though, I took everything out including the mobo and put everything together, and I just replaced the heat sink and the hard drive just cause. PC otherwise works perfectly fine even now. I've had it on for as long as 10 hours, use internet, watch videos, do some photoshop, etc... 

I bought Shadow of Mordor. Once the cutscenes end, and I actually begin to play, my PC beeps 5 times exactly, a red light appears underneath my GPU (where the front USB, etc.. is located). Refer to pg. 34-35 of the manual : ftp://asrock.cn/manual/P67%20Extreme4%20Gen3.pdf

Can't quite tell exactly where the red light is coming from or if that's even an issue, and it's supposed to do that. All the fans and everything else has been unplugged then plugged back in. 

Kind of at a loss. 

Thanks for any incoming advice. 

Edited by hamluis, 04 November 2014 - 04:28 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:31 PM

This a hardware process error (see this list for more info), which can most likely be solved by reseating your hardware components on your motherboard.

It could be possible that re-installing your chipset drivers and your graphics drivers could help to fix this also.

#3 dudnaito

dudnaito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

Reinstalled chipset and graphics drivers. Unfortunately, still a no go. I'll try reseating everything best i can. 

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:56 PM

Could be power supply related, I would suggest trying a different psu, if you have one handy, sometimes a full load will cause a psu to fail. Gaming would create a high load environment, gpu and cpu usage at the same time generally means high load.

I would also suggest monitoring your temperatures with HWmonitor or something similar. Heat can cause crashes.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users