Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seagate Free Agent Go Flex not responding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Russ2123

Russ2123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

I have a Seagate Free Agent Go Flex 1TB and I was using it unplugged it and when I did it fell about a foot and when I plugged it in again it would turn on and I can hear it running but it won't pop up in my computer. I downloaded a recovery tool but I can't get it to open to transfer my files is there anyway to get my external hard drive to open?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

If re-attaching the cable at the drive and computer does not solve the problem it may be a hardware fault from dropping the drive. I believe this drive has a removable section on the end where the cable attaches. Make sure that has not loosened when the drive fell, You can see the removable adapter here.

If reattaching the cable does not work then try the following.

Here is a video showing how to remove the bare drive from the enclosure. Avoid touching the Printed Circuit Board of the drive. Dropping the drive may have affected the USB bridge card but left the drive unaffected. If you remove the drive and attach it to another computer either internally or by using another enclosure, you can see if the drive will be detected. If it still is not detected, then the only way to recover the data would be from a Professional Data Recovery Service.

#3 Frozwire

Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

You may also try to scan your drive using  Seatools to check and possibly fix media related errors on your drive.

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users