Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

about new computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kannansmt

kannansmt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

i am from india. i have assembled one new pc . my new pc build 1, fx 8350, 2.Motherboard - M5A97 R2.0 - ASUS 3,8gb corsair vengence ram., 4 , cooler master 212x hyper cpu cooler. 5, corsair cx 750 psu, 6, cabinet cooler master haf 912. 7.one lg dvd drive. after installing while starting pc it says cpu fan error in bios and hangs . the temperature of chassis fan 2 goes very high. then i took my new assembled pc to my computer technician who assembled my pc. he checked and updated bios and it got rectified . then i have used my computer for 9 hours. it runs smoothly. i have installed coretemp software . coretemp software says the temperature is 27 to 48 at idle . then i installed sniper elite 3 pc game. while installing the cpu temperature suddenly rises to 62 and goes to 84 degree and computer suddenly shuts down. my computer temperature is 24 degrees now without installing game. i request to know what are the problems facing in my new pc and how to rectify the problem, so that i can tell the technician what is the problem. some says fitting problem and other says motherboard problem and few says bios fan problem. i cant sleep because i have spent about RS 60000 for my new pc built . i request to give good answers to rectify the problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hard to say without seeing the machine. It could be an issue with the CPU cooling fan, possibly a lack of thermal grease.  It could also be an air flow issue.

#3 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:15 AM

As Kilroy suggests, I think the heatsink is not attached properly or the thermal paste is missing or poorly done, or, the cpu fan is barely spinning, something like that. Surefire way to fix it (I think) would be to replace the entire heatsink and fan, making sure to properly clean off the cpu and apply thermal paste properly.  I doubt it is an air flow issue unless you have no case fans, or the cpu is completely blocked off some how so it cant vent.

#4 Zcar

Zcar

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

Is the fan on your 212 Hyper blowing in the right direction?  I just installed one on my new build and have the fan blowing towards the rear of the case where a case fan is sucking out hot air.  Temperature right now as I'm typing this is 29°C.  If the fan is turned the wrong direction it could be creating a dead air spot and allowing heat to build up to the shutdown point.  I also would check to see that the heatsink is properly installed and the thermal paste is correctly applied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users