Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ie8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ssschwab1963

ssschwab1963

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

I need to get ie8 on my computer which currently has IE11.  none of the directions are for windows 8 and the directions for windows 7 do not work as there are no updates for ie in my list so I have no idea what to do so that I can have ie8 on my computer.

thanks for any help you can provide.

the issue is my work websites do not allow me to edit my expense report from ie11 and the only way is to get ie8 on windows 8 and i am not well versed on this at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LLCoach50

LLCoach50

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:47 PM

You might look into the Microsoft site forums at:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/bbd25612-f8ea-4961-9f2b-18a968ed4ca4/i-need-to-install-internet-explorer-8-or-7-not-9-for-windows-7?forum=ieitprocurrentver

Most of the posts go back to 2011 but if the links are still valid, it might help.  Also have you considered setting up a dual boot with a copy of Vista/7 for when you need "work" related IE8?

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

Try running the website in Compatibility View as described in the last post here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/install-internet-explorer-8-on-windows-8/d0be35e4-21be-48ad-bcc0-4f57553e3666

You could enforce website to run in compatibility view, by press Alt key in keyboard and in Tools->Compatibility view setting, add website that you want to view in compatibility view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users