Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Cryptolocker - help please!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doughface

doughface

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hi there, just came across this forum whilst searching for more info about Cryptolocker. I got a message on my Dell Inspiron mini a few days ago informing me that my files had been infected with Cryptolocker and to pay for decryption. I have been on the FireEye site to upload an encrypted file, but every time I try to upload I just get a message to tell me the file does not appear to be infected with Cryptolocker. Is there anything else I can do? I opened a strange email by accident and I believe this may be where the virus came from, not been on any unusual sites and not plugged anything into the usb or anything. Sorry, I know there is a lot of info regarding this topic on the forum but I have been reading through some of it and feeling a bit overwhelmed! I am a bit of a novice when it comes to computing ( not totally terrible but the stuff I've read on here does sound complicated to me!!) Also, I would like to know, if my files cannot be recovered then would restoring the whole system help? The only files I can't live without are my son's baby photos but I have them all backed up on memory cards... losing everything else would be inconvenient but if it would save me having to buy a new computer then I guess I could live with that. And... once everything is sorted... what will be the best way of stopping it from happening again? And can I do this for free? Hope there is someone out there who can help! Thank you! 

Esther 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users