Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Input Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MrTheDude

MrTheDude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

Hi, I have a strange problem with my keyboard (CM Quickfire TK White). Every key works, except for the hyphen key (But the dash key in the numpad still works).

When you log into windows, you can type (-) into the password field, but not anywhere else. Once you log in, somehow it does not type -. When using a keyboard input detector (http://www.keyboardtester.com/), it does detect the hyphen/underscore key being pressed, but nothing is outputted. I tried this with a standard PS/2 keyboard, and the same problem occurs. I also tried this with no keyboard and used the on-screen keyboard. I have tried uninstalling the drivers from device manager to no avail. The keyboard itself works on another computer (with the ability to be able to type the hyphen key). You can, however type underscore at any given time.

This problem has been on and off, with the first of the occurrences starting in the summer. My solution to the problem was to use System Restore. That was a temporary solution. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

I need this key as I am a first year University student studying Computer Science.

This is a problem with windows, right?

Edited by hamluis, 03 November 2014 - 03:21 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users