Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Roguescanfix

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sinchi

Sinchi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

I downloaded this from this site and I installed via the directions to get rid of the spyware quake <peice ofcrap thing> and now everytime I launch Roguescanfix it will not launch. What is going on? is it my computer? I have restarted maybe 10 times now and de/reinstalled the program atleast that many times.
HELP!
Sinchi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

You should try going through the directions step-by-step, very carefully, one more time in the self-help tutorial:

How to Remove SpywareQuake

If it still isn't working for you then try doing the manual removal which is found in the same tutorial.
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

roguescanfix needs internet connection because it downloads an additional file to use during the cleanup and let the tool work properly.

If you received a message that BFU.exe was not present, download BFU.zip from here:
http://www.merijn.org/files/bfu.zip
Unzip it and place BFU.exe in the C:\Program Files\roguescanfix folder. Then double-click Roguescanfix.bat again.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Sinchi

Sinchi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:46 AM

I have gone through it multiple times again, when it is supposed to launch it show the active hourglass on the cursor then nothing happends, I check my processes and nothing launches. is there a different version of roguescan I can try?
Sinchi

ps I follow the steps listed exactally as they are listed and this happends over and over again.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:16 AM

The download link in the tutorial is working fine and it is the current version. I does tried it without problem. However, to make sure try the download link here. It should be the same file but from another location.

If that still does not work, then something on your system may be keeping it from working properly. So I suggest you please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log".
When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post the log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have no replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log here.

#6 Sinchi

Sinchi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Ill try this after work, I was starting to go through the manual remove spyware and I did note that I do not have any of the the DLL. that are suppose to be renamed with dll.bad and it did say to post that under the Am I infected so Im posting it : )
Thanks for the help
Sinchi

#7 Sinchi

Sinchi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:02 AM

I was able to finally get the time to run the manual remove and it worked like a charm.
Just wanted to say thank you for writing it out where even I could figure it out like a breeze.
You all ROCK!
Sinchi

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:25 AM

Your welcome.

Now you should SET A NEW RESTORE POINT to prevent reinfection from an old restore point. Any malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to set a new RESTORE POINT:
1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
2. Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
3. Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
4. Click "OK".
5. Click the "More Options" Tab.
6. Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

#9 fulltankofgas

fulltankofgas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:59 AM

I have just downloaded the roguescanfix and smitRem as instructed.
When running and installing roguescanfix I get the message that BFU.exe is not present. I have an internet connection.
I have tried the link:
http://www.merijn.org/files/bfu.zip
but it does not work.
Where do I go from here?
I'm no computer whizz, so any replies in easy to follow english would by greatly apreciated
Cheers!

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

See post #3 above for that error message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users