Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xpcom error/need passwords from Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SmartasaRock

SmartasaRock

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

I'm trying to get my passwords that were all saved in Firefox. I'm lost without the things. I thought I was covered by saving old Firefox data but I can't find my old password store and I can't get into Firefox because of the xpcom error message. I can get in if I reinstall or upgrade it though and with the upgrade, it still has all my bookmarks but the login stuff with the passwords is gone. I got the xpcom error after a system restore. I tried the updating to the newest FF and everything but the passwords kicked back on. When I realized I had some passwords that I needed and couldn't remember and couldn't find the old data file that I thought would have them, I did a system restore and I'm back to the xpcom error and can't find the old passwords. Is there anything I can do or is this a no-hoper? The current FF folder that has the login file is corrupted and I can't find the same file in my saved old data. Very confused and burnt out trying to fix this one. If you can shed some light on it, I'd really appreciate it, anybody. 

Before you judge me, know that when I do something wrong it's because I'm an idiot, not because I'm evil.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users