Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error with network adapter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jh1234l

jh1234l

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

I can't connect to the internet: windows couldn't automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adapter.

I have already tried:

-Doing network diagnostics

-Updating/rolling back network adapter driver

-Restarting computer

Can anyone please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

G'day jh12341, and Welcome to BC.

Try the following .....I have increased the size of the font and highlighted it in RED.......for the moment I would stick to just trying this.

When you have downloaded and opened the program, the Advanced Repair Option will be the one to click on

NetAdapter Repair All In One is a utility that acts as a Swiss army knife for network related Windows tasks.  Not only can NetAdapter Repair be used to fix common networking and winsock issues, but it also contains a variety of tools and diagnostics that enable you to change various network settings. Please note that this tool requires the .NET Framework 4.0 or higher and to run the program as an Administrator.

When you run NetAdapter Repair you will be shown a screen that contains a variety of tools and fixes. If you just want to repair your networking issues, the first step would be to try the Advanced Repair option, which will repair your Winsock and TCP/IP stack, clear all proxy servers and VPN settings, and reset your firewall configuration.  You can also use the program to perform a variety of other tasks such as configure your computer to use Google DNS or or spoof your MAC address.  When you run any of the tools, its output will be saved to the program's logfile that is created in the same folder as the executable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/netadapter-repair-all-in-one/

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 jh1234l

jh1234l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Try the following .....I have increased the size of the font and highlighted it in RED.......for the moment I would stick to just trying this.

When you have downloaded and opened the program, the Advanced Repair Option will be the one to click on

NetAdapter Repair All In One is a utility that acts as a Swiss army knife for network related Windows tasks.  Not only can NetAdapter Repair be used to fix common networking and winsock issues, but it also contains a variety of tools and diagnostics that enable you to change various network settings. Please note that this tool requires the .NET Framework 4.0 or higher and to run the program as an Administrator.

When you run NetAdapter Repair you will be shown a screen that contains a variety of tools and fixes. If you just want to repair your networking issues, the first step would be to try the Advanced Repair option, which will repair your Winsock and TCP/IP stack, clear all proxy servers and VPN settings, and reset your firewall configuration.  You can also use the program to perform a variety of other tasks such as configure your computer to use Google DNS or or spoof your MAC address.  When you run any of the tools, its output will be saved to the program's logfile that is created in the same folder as the executable.

Thanks for the response!

It did not fix the problem. Here's the log file:

11/2/2014 3:57:36 PM: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  32-bit Service Pack 1
11/2/2014 3:57:36 PM: NetAdapter Repair All in One v1.2 Loaded
11/2/2014 3:57:36 PM: Application opened as an Administrator
11/2/2014 3:57:36 PM: Getting network information
11/2/2014 3:57:41 PM: Getting information for 'Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1'
11/2/2014 3:57:41 PM: Network information updated
11/2/2014 3:57:41 PM:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : T400
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-5E-95-A7-40
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{3CCD273F-F000-4FD3-8E1A-46D71593E4A9}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter isatap.{9EECAFA9-12D4-4633-8413-FA0B401B8D62}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

11/2/2014 3:58:03 PM: Resetting TCP/IP
11/2/2014 3:58:15 PM: Reset TCP/IP
11/2/2014 3:58:15 PM: Clearing Internet Explorer proxy/VPN settings
11/2/2014 3:58:15 PM: Disabled proxy settings.
11/2/2014 3:58:16 PM: Deleted proxy servers
11/2/2014 3:58:16 PM: Disabled automatic dialing.
11/2/2014 3:58:16 PM: Deleted all RAS connections
11/2/2014 3:58:16 PM: Deleted automatic configuration settings
11/2/2014 3:58:17 PM: Repairing Windows Firewall service
11/2/2014 3:58:18 PM: Resetting Windows Firewall service
11/2/2014 3:58:20 PM: Repaired Windows Firewall service
11/2/2014 3:58:27 PM: Restart canceled by user
11/2/2014 3:58:38 PM: User closed the application

#4 jh1234l

jh1234l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

The problem was fixed: I reinstalled the program which, after uninstallation, gave me the problem, and then uninstalled it again. Thanks for the help!

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

I am not sure I truly understand what happened there.....however...

You are more than Welcome !!!

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 jh1234l

jh1234l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

I am not sure I truly understand what happened there.....however...

You are more than Welcome !!!

Basically, I installed a program before. Then, I uninstalled it after one month of use. That caused the internet problems. Then, I reinstalled it and then uninstalled it, without revo Uninstaller or anything like that. Now, it is properly uninstalled and everything is fine.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

:thumbup2:  got it !

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users