Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with samsung galaxy driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

I need help with samsung galaxy s3 mini driver.My pc pavilion entertainment pc running windows vista sp2 doesn't recognize my device. therefore I need help on where to download the driver for my device. I'm not computer literate for the record. Any help would be nice. Thanks for reading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

Here are the Samsung USB drivers.

If you want to sync the phone with the computer then you can download Samsung Kies software which included the USB drivers but it looks like Kies 3 does not support Vista.

Good Luck.

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 November 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#3 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

thanks for that link :) downloading it now. which is going to take forever bc I'm on wifi. I will update to let anyone else whose looking for something similar know how it goes.

I must say I went to samsung live chat when I was first given this laptop. I told samsung the computer told me I needed to go to the manufacturer for the driver. they put up a link and i clicked it. however its never worked. now when i connect my phone to the laptop a pop up comes up from the computer and says.... "usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned".

Guess I'll know more once the driver downloads and installs.

#4 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

first attempt to download it failed. I'll try again. I'm using a neighbors wifi with a poor signal........

#5 kaylagarcia

kaylagarcia

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

Just remove or delete any registry repair programs. Try to uninstall all the USB ports in device manager & rebooting.

#6 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

Just remove or delete any registry repair programs. Try to uninstall all the USB ports in device manager & rebooting.

i dont know what registry repair programs are. and dont know how to do usb ports in device manager and im not computer literate

#7 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

however i do have a fix for it. I'm using samsung galaxy s3 mini so i just downloaded kies 2.6 it recognizes my device. and i'lll be learning how it works tomorrow. thanks everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users