Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chipset Drivers, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zcar

Zcar

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

Normally when I build a new system I install the drivers and anything else I might want from the DVD included with the motherboard.  Then I visit the motherboard site and install any updated drivers, UEFI/BIOS etc.  In this instance though I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 on an empty hard drive on a previously used motherboard.  Everything is running without issues and there are no yellow triangles in the device manager so it would appear all is as it should be.  I'm kind of curious though if it is necessary to install chipset drivers manually or if Windows has already installed all up to date software.  Normally I'm a if it ain't broke don't fix it guy but I'd most certainly update things for a bit better performance.  What would you do? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

IMO it is always good to install MB drivers, then ancillary item drivers.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Zcar

Zcar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

Good morning Phil.  I went ahead and installed drivers from the ASUS site.  I also discovered that Intel has a driver update utility that will scan your system and look for updated drivers.  It didn't find anything for this computer so I guess my driver install was successful.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

Relax & Enjoy!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users