Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dvdrw drivers problem ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

good eveving to all,

please, i wish to ask if anybody of you have encountered any problem with the samsung dvdrw (tsst cddvdw sh-222bb)

recently my dvdrw is not working with some specific programs (adobe audition 2 and sony acid 6)

i can burn dvd's and cd's from ashampoo 12 demo !

i have unistall the samsung dvdw from system devices, i have re install audition and acid, i have re install windows xp sp3 but the problem exist

i have also deleted the spti and asp drivers and i have install them again, i have repair my windows installation with the teaking com windows repair utility but again i still have the same problem

for the time being i cannot format my hard drive for clean install

Edited by hamluis, 02 November 2014 - 01:34 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

i have unistall the samsung dvdw from system devices

Do you mean that you uninstalled the dvd drive in the Device Manager?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

good afternoon dear dc3

i wish to say that my problem solved

it was really a very strange situation because the samsung dvdrw was working fine with all my other programs (sony acid, sony sound forge, sony vegas and ashampoo)

the adobe audition is a very old program and use an older version of directx drives (2005 or 2007)

it seems that i had directx corrupted or missing files and every time i was trying to install and re install audition nothing happen 

fortunately i had read the audition manual and i have seen that the program need directx drives 

now everything is ok and the program is running !!!!

i wish to point out that old directx drives are needed for some older programs like audition 2 and sony vegas 5

thanks

Edited by nickko, 04 November 2014 - 12:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users