Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 (Home Premium) fresh disc?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nelsonn69

nelsonn69

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hiya people...hoping someone can help me...just wondering if its possible to burn a fresh copy of 'Windows 7' (Home Premium) for a friend, but without all my details on the copy, Pictures, Documents, Passwords etc..I have no windows disc just what running....I have a copy of 'EaseUS Todo Backup Advanced Server 7.5'...just don't really know what I doing.....so basically what im after is a Copied 'Windows 7 (Home Premium)' disc as purchased from a shop. hope someone can enlighten me on this subject :) thanks Lee :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

You can download a ISO image which you will need to burn to a DVD to create a bootable Windows 7 installation disc.

Your friend will need a valid product key to activate this copy of Windows 7.

Edited by dc3, 02 November 2014 - 11:37 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.  

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 nelsonn69

nelsonn69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

:) Awesome...thank you Sir...I will try this method!! :)... can you be sure this OS is free from bugs/viruses etc.

Edited by nelsonn69, 02 November 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#5 DavidTang

DavidTang

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:36 PM

I hope this is not a problem. The site http:://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso does not work?

Thanks.

#6 nelsonn69

nelsonn69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

I hope this is not a problem. The site http:://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso does not work?

Thanks.

hiya matey....I got the 64Bit downloading...very slow though!!

#7 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

I'm not 100% sure but I believe you have to download a 64-bit ISO on a 64-bit system; same idea on 32-bit

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

:) Awesome...thank you Sir...I will try this method!! :)... can you be sure this OS is free from bugs/viruses etc.

This is a reputable website, I wouldn't suggest this if I didn't have complete faith in the website.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm not 100% sure but I believe you have to download a 64-bit ISO on a 64-bit system; same idea on 32-bit

Yes, they will need to download the same version that was installed.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Thanks.

The links work just fine.  The download begins as soon as you click on the link. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users