Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ads open in new tabs and all ads are very spammy topics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vcalemine

vcalemine

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

I am using Google Chrome.  I have checked programs and features and there is no new programs, I have run malwarebytes, PC Cillan, CCleaner.  The malware found 7 things but I didn't make a log, the trend micro thing found nothing and CCleaner cleaned up things but it is still showing the really spammy ads.  I haven't had a new tab open in a while but I am getting wizard game ads and squash the cockroach for a new Ipad.  I almost want the political ads back.

The only thing I have downloaded recently is Java which gave me quite a fit the other day.

Is there anything else that I can try? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhilT

PhilT

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

In Chrome you can check for extensions in the settings via the "burger" menu button top right (is this on a PC ?) also check the default home page and search engine while you're there. Remove everything you didn't want or intend to have.

Adwcleaner is worth a try too - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

#3 vcalemine

vcalemine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

I did check my extensions.  I forgot to mention that.

#4 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

After running ADW how does the Browser run? 

I would also just throw in running Junkware Removal as Well. It's light and can find small things that can be of nuisance. 

icon1351185104.png

Download Junkware Removal Tool HERE to your desktop. 

Double Click the Tool . The Tool will then Open a Block Box with White Letters.

Press Any Key to Begin Scan.

Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.

Once it is Complete a (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.

Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

* If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"

Once our scans are complete. I recommend Un-Installing and Re-Installing Your Chrome Browser

Edited by xAnti_HerOx, 14 November 2014 - 05:52 AM.

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users