I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.
Internet Explorer 10 - I do NOT have update KB2670838
I also use Google chrome but still have same issue
My computer began running slowly a couple of days ago. I have Norton Internet security which indicated high COM Surrogate usage, it also has blocked several attacks including Trojan.Poweliks and Trojan,Adclicker
Norton Internet Security states that virus was
I have been forced to use Task Manager to End Task for COM Surrogate - however it continues to run several processes of COM Surrogate.
I ran the following to check for viruses /malware
- Norton Internet Security - none found
- malwarebytes - some malware found and removed
- Spybot malware + virus found alot of malware and the following virus xtlkdjy.sys
It said it removed successfully.
- I ran "sfc/scannow" - the result stated some issues were not able to resolved
- I ran Kapersky root checker - did not find anything
I fear there is a trojan virus that remains undetected.
Edited by hamluis, 02 November 2014 - 12:10 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.