Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 restore to factory image... lost image discs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zerodown

zerodown

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:27 AM

I'm trying to restore an old HP pavilion Dv6 to factory state.  The recovery image on hard drive is not working.  I lost disc one of the three disc system recovery discs I made so there no good.  I tried recovery discs from another computer but computer says they are not for that computer and will not work.  I downloaded a new image to a usb drive.  When I try to use the usb image from HP it says system restore discs have already been created and makes me cancel the process.  Can I override or reset something so the USB image will work?  how can restore windows 7 with no discs and original D: messed up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

You can find a video which will show you how to use the System Recovery partition to return your computer to the condition it came out of the box.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users