Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOW ACTED LIKE SOMETHING OPENED NOTHING THERE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Southern Belle

Southern Belle

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

heyal,

all the sudden while reading an article on the web it looked like something opened or maybe a refresh flash so i looked in the event viewer and saw the time format the event id 7036 - The Remote Desktop Services service entered the running state.

why would that be i didn't start it?

should i be worried?

please advise! :huh:

thanks,

southern belle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

G'day Southern Belle, go through the following steps to see if Remote Desktop Services is turned on or not...

To configure remote access, follow these steps:
1. In Control Panel, click System And Security, and then click System.
2. On the System page, click Remote Settings in the left pane. This opens the System Properties dialog box to the Remote tab.
3.  There will be a box there with the message beside it "Allow Remote Assistance Connections to this Computer"        is there a tick in the box. or is it Blank ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Southern Belle

Southern Belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:36 AM

hi,

yea i checked to make sure it wasn't enabled and it wasn't.

the weird flicker or what ever it was i can't find anything that stands out i've looked up different events from the event viewer and all seems legit, am always a bit cautious about someone accessing me or my computer.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

Is there any possibility that this event coincided with either Windows Update or your AV auto update/scan ?

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 Southern Belle

Southern Belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:49 AM

hi hun,

ur so kind to help, but i hadn't thought of that i did have a quick scan going thanks it makes sense, your a sweetie!

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:54 AM

Thanks mate....all good.  :wink:

#7 larry300boom

larry300boom

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

Is look like someone try to login to your computer in your house or someone else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users