Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with going to websites

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tgrbear6

tgrbear6

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

I've been haveing a problem going to different websites it will go to them but it takes a long time for them to load. I have the same problem going to my email as well. Sometimes I have to click the mouse several times before it even starts to go to any site. I have a wireless mouse made by microsoft and I've had it for a while now I don't know if it's time to replace it or not the batteries are new in it. I have an HP computer with vista 32 bit. I've run maleware bytes super anti-spyware and they all show no threats. I also use avast free version and the scans show no threats. Any suggestions on this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:40 AM

First thing I would try is a wired mouse.

#3 Blewvane

Blewvane

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Has Windows installed new updates on your PC recently?
I am having the same problems you are, i installed the new updates and now my internet is running worse than crap. 1+1=2 so therefore it must be one of the new updates.

#4 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

How long since you flushed your modem? this might be producing lag because the chip in the modem is full of invalid data.

Robert James Crawley Klopp

#5 _JamesTM

_JamesTM

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:14 PM

Run a speedtest on the computer on the following website ; 

" SpeedOf.Me/m/ "

Post up the results for us to check out, please include the Ping, Download, and Upload speeds.

Edited by _JamesTM, 13 November 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#6 tgrbear6

tgrbear6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

Sorry to be so long getting back I don't think my problem is with the modem It just recently got replaced with a new one and the problem is the same with the old and new modem. I wasn't haveing a problem with the computer for the modem to be replaced it was with the phones. And Blewvane yes I have had recent updates and it seems every time I get window updates I have problems. So any suggestions as what to do if this is what has caused this problem. By the way I have a new mouse comeing I thought I'd get a new one and try it just in case since my mouse is old. Thanks for the replies and help. 

#7 tgrbear6

tgrbear6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

Speed test results were ping 59ms download 3.56 upload 1.12

#8 _JamesTM

_JamesTM

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

Try booting your computer into " Safe Mode With Networking ". Once booted into safe mode do you see any improvement in performance?

I've put some steps below on booting your computer into safe mode.

1. Click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button eb058ccf-b21e-4dfe-9bb7-1ad6c83b705c_47., and then click Restart.
  2. Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

4. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

Edited by _JamesTM, 13 November 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#9 tgrbear6

tgrbear6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:19 AM

I tried booting in safe mode no change. Thanks James

#10 tgrbear6

tgrbear6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thanks everyone for your help I got my new mouse in today hooked it up and it solved my problem. Once again thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users