Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant remove Link Bucks - Tried Everything :(

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 danbee

danbee

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

Ive had linkbucks on my computer for weeks now (on my firefox browser), I've tried spybot search and destroy, Ad-Aware, ADWCleaner, Microsoft Security, Malware Bytes - basically all of them find pretty much nothing, or just harmless tracking cookies, it takes hours, I restart, and Link Bucks is still there :(

I found another thread about it and the user was advised to run Junk Removal Tool and AdwCleaner and post the logs - So I've just ran these, and after 10 minutes using the internet again now after the restarts, then I definitely do just still have Link Bucks on my Firefox browser.

Here are the logs in full:

ADWCLEANER:

# AdwCleaner v3.311 - Report created 02/11/2014 at 09:48:37
# Updated 30/09/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : Dan - DAN-THINK
# Running from : C:\Users\Dan\Downloads\AdwCleaner(1).exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\adawarebp

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17344

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v33.0.2 (x86 en-US)

[ File : C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d11li5f9.default-1410270542838\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v38.0.2125.111

[ File : C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://isearch.avg.com/search?cid={4EE16B1D-A20A-424F-BD3C-9482CAAD37B0}&mid=2ae3682cc3a847d0a844d1688a22ac59-60de28269bd953e7e2ff7616f02b10eff27a1331&lang=en&ds=st011&pr=sa&d=2012-07-20 17:55:59&v=15.3.0.11&pid=avg&sg=0&sap=dsp&q={searchTerms}
Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://uk.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}

[ File : C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [8692 octets] - [09/09/2014 19:37:47]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [941 octets] - [18/10/2014 10:32:41]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1338 octets] - [02/11/2014 09:33:30]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [8473 octets] - [09/09/2014 19:41:48]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1067 octets] - [18/10/2014 10:36:28]
AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1602 octets] - [02/11/2014 09:48:37]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1662 octets] ##########

JUNK REMOVAL TOOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.3.5 (10.31.2014:1)
Ran by Dan on 02/11/2014 at  9:43:13.67

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{07F4B501-5254-4997-B3E0-D550E029A1B9}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{0E35012F-582E-4ECB-AED7-EA0D01BE756A}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{54A13963-DEA6-410A-953E-9F47544A80D9}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{568F943C-80A8-4D9D-8BE3-72F39531F60D}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{68AF398B-D5F9-4811-B074-D84BF831D133}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{7C49EBF7-DED9-4309-8DCC-A4364BD55AD9}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{85B06716-F4CF-49A8-8ADC-121B8141E90A}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{88BE4984-8B44-44F0-854C-95C2A6793F0A}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{8992B2F7-BBD6-4633-A7E5-6F29B5DC1363}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{A85366A4-CF05-4DD0-8701-3A957BEC1583}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{AA9A4DF7-65AE-4AD4-A135-BD85FE42DB45}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{BD164038-D85E-4925-BEC2-A0D2B44306C6}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{CA45C831-E7CA-4873-9806-B22EB6A84B53}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{CBB4AA6C-D840-4BC2-94D0-DCBACA816ECB}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\Dan\appdata\local\{CDFDE099-910D-4BC6-AB63-AAAC2A475CB2}

~~~ FireFox

Emptied folder: C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\d11li5f9.default-1410270542838\minidumps [9 files]

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on 02/11/2014 at  9:47:42.91
End of JRT log

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 November 2014 - 11:29 PM.
moved from MRL to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

G'day danbee, and Welsome to BC !!

Click on the menu Icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper right hand corner of your Firefox browser and select Add Ons.

The select Extensions. Look for the link bucks extension and click on Remove

Post back with the result

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Also.....i failed to notice you have Chrome browser as well

• Start Google Chrome and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser.
  • Next, select Settings from the dropdownlist.
  • Once it opens a new window or tab, click on the Extensions located on left side of this window.
  • Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference.
  • Also on this window, you can remove the malicious item as well.

chrome-extensions.png

• Remove the unwanted entry, by clicking on the trashcan.
  • If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions or other extensions you don’t install your self.
  • Now restart Google Chrome.

Sorry about the foreign language in the pic box !!

Edited by Condobloke, 01 November 2014 - 11:50 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 danbee

danbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

Hey Condobloke, Thanks!

I cant see it in my list in Firefox - here's what I do have - is it any of these? Or can you tell me which I should delete?:

zjv1jp.jpg

In Chrome I dont have it either, I only have:

Nimbus Screen Capture Web 2.0.1
Nimbus Screenshot: Capture & Annotate 6.0.2

#5 danbee

danbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:08 AM

Ah sorry ^ that is my firefox plugins - here are my extensions also:

jkk4kg.jpg

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:15 AM

ok....go to the Firefox menu again and select help..(?)     the select 'Restart with Add - Ons Disabled '

Is link bucks still there ??

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 danbee

danbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

ill do so now, it can take a while though, it doesnt appear every time, might not show for 20-30 page opens but then will really stick and not let me open something without a few retrys... ill try this now and really try and click around and report back in 20 minutes (or as soon as i see it...)..

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

OR....you can RESET Firefox..........be SURE to read a little further down the page ....

What does the reset feature do?

All of your Firefox settings and personal information are stored in a profile folder. The reset feature works by creating a new profile folder for you while saving your important data.

Firefox will save these things: