Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DLLHOST.EXE *32 POPPING OUT LIKE 15 TIMES, HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 benmicro53

benmicro53

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Well i started noticing this problem about a week ago *dances* and well i read it was part of the computer system and stuff so i didnt erase it but then my norton (which ive had for like a year now) keeps giving me notifications like Trojan powerlink and some extention name or something like that and those are the only 2 that keep popping out. Then i checked out task manager and saw there was like 15 of them and i figured there was something wrong. I have a samsung all-in-one from 2012 or 2013 with windows 7. I have only used it mostly for google chrome stuff (mail, youtube, the usual) and steam. I havent downloaded anything about a long while so i dont know how i got it. My norton tells me about it but doesnt take any actions to it because it probably cant locate it and stuff. I did call geek squad for info and they told me to have multiple anti virus programs to see if they can register the virus and delete it. So i downloaded malwarebites and panda software. They have caught some few stuff but havent fixed it completely. I have tried going into the cmd center and typing to see if the files were not corrupt or somewhere along those lines and it was fine. I tried a system restore but i can only go back to like 3 days and i know it was longer than that. i need actual troubleshoot help where i can have a one to one talk with a legit guy that i see around these forums. i have backed up my computer but was wondering what does it back up in specific? Pls help. Is it faster to just restore my computer?? That'll be my last resort

Edited by benmicro53, 01 November 2014 - 08:58 PM.
Moved from Win7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 larry300boom

larry300boom

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

There is a adware/Trojan/virus/malware in your computer

#3 benmicro53

benmicro53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

Noted that since day one. Trying to find solutions...

Edited by benmicro53, 01 November 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#4 larry300boom

larry300boom

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Try to run "DDS" on your computer:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

mbam4_zps23e52ad4.png

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

mbam4_zps490948cc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss1_zps90132559.png

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

tdsskillermultiple_zps472c18eb.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tdss4_zps6792a13c.png

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

tdss5_zps98fc5887.png

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 benmicro53

benmicro53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

I didnt get any items to quarentine although, like i said, i have used malwarebytes before and have had some quarantined items before but i deleted them so i have this instead which i found as a log of the scan, which was fine, nothing wrong there

Quarantined Items:
===================
===============================================================
END OF FILE

I dont know why my copy of the tdss txt wont save but its basically nothing and the virus or trojan is still there

Edited by benmicro53, 02 November 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

There are tools or techniques which cannot be used in this forum which will be needed to clean your computer.  For this reason you will need to open another topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

Before posting your topic there you will need to read and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

This forum is always busy, for this reason it may take a couple of days before a member of the Malware Removal Team will be able to get to your topic.  Do not add anything once you have posted your log.  The Malware Removal Team members look for topics which have not been addressed, if you post any additional information it will make it appear that the topic is being addressed.

After you have posted your new topic a Moderator will close this topic.  If after cleaning the infection it is determined that you have a software or hardware issue you can contact a Moderator to have your topic reopened.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users