Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need another fan? [Specs Included] [Photo Included] [Feel free to post]

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Parq

Parq

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Motherboard: Z87-G45 MSI Gaming Motherboard
Memory/RAM: 8GB Cosair Vengeance
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Processor: Intel i7 4770K
SSD: Samsung 500GB Solid State Drive
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Series 760 Watt Platinum Power Supply
Case/Frame: Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow

Do you think my computer will over heat, and how long do you think I should wait to clean it?

Replying would be so helpful.

THANK YOU!

PS: If you have any tips that would help me, please feel free to express.

IMAGE(s) BELOW:

GmB4YLh.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Parq

Parq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

A reply would be nice :)

Edited by Parq, 02 November 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#3 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

I would recommend another fan to put in the front. I do not think your computer should overheat, and you should clean a couple times a year, if you notice the temperatures getting higher, or if you can see a lot of dust in it.

Thats a nice build you have there!

#4 Parq

Parq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

I would recommend another fan to put in the front. I do not think your computer should overheat, and you should clean a couple times a year, if you notice the temperatures getting higher, or if you can see a lot of dust in it.

Thank you so much for the reply, i'm not sure if a fan would fit in the front of my case but ill try and work something out :)

BTW: Do you have any idea on why the computer heats up more on a Lower size and graphics game more than a very high quality massive game?

Heats up more on CSGO than Arma 3. You've been so helpful so far :D

#5 Zcar

Zcar

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

Front: 200 mm red LED fan x 1, 700RPM,19dBA (can be swapped for two 120mm fans)
Top: 200 mm black fan x 1 (optional ; can be swapped for two 120mm fans)
Rear: 120 mm black fan x 1, 1200 RPM, 17 dBA
Side:120/140 mm fan x 1 (optional)

According to your case specs you could add a 200mm fan in the top.  I have a HAF922 case that comes standard with the top fan and I have no heat problems but I don't do any heavy duty gaming either.  If it were mine I'd consider changing out the stock CPU cooler for a more efficient one (the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO gets good reviews).  I just installed a Hyper 212 in a build and it cools much better than a stock Intel cooler.

Edited by Zcar, 02 November 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#6 Parq

Parq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Front: 200 mm red LED fan x 1, 700RPM,19dBA (can be swapped for two 120mm fans)
Top: 200 mm black fan x 1 (optional ; can be swapped for two 120mm fans)
Rear: 120 mm black fan x 1, 1200 RPM, 17 dBA
Side:120/140 mm fan x 1 (optional)

According to your case specs you could add a 200mm fan in the top.  I have a HAF922 case that comes standard with the top fan and I have no heat problems but I don't do any heavy duty gaming either.  If it were mine I'd consider changing out the stock CPU cooler for a more efficient one (the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO gets good reviews).  I just installed a Hyper 212 in a build and it cools much better than a stock Intel cooler.

Thank you for that reply, I will switch out the stock one for sure probably :)

#7 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

Thank you so much for the reply, i'm not sure if a fan would fit in the front of my case but ill try and work something out :)

BTW: Do you have any idea on why the computer heats up more on a Lower size and graphics game more than a very high quality massive game?

Heats up more on CSGO than Arma 3. You've been so helpful so far :D

I don't know which temperatures you are monitoring, but some games use different parts of the computers more than others.  For example one game could use a lot more video card, while one uses a lot more cpu.

#8 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

One trick is to block off those open areas so the cooler air pattern can be established, focused on the areas that need the most.  Addition of a single smaller. quiter fan, oriented to compliment the present case fan (blowing in or out) will go a long ways to keeping it cooler.  Sometimes it helps to block the vents on the power supply, those that vent into the case and not outside.

#9 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

I think you could do better with the cabling, which will ease airflow across the motherboard.  Use the space behind the motherboard tray and the cable management holes that run around the tray.  Here is a build using the same case showing how the cables can be routed behind the motherboard.  Includes lots of pictures.

Also I would recommend upgrading the Intel cooler for a decent tower cooler, like a Cooler Master Evo 212.  This will lower CPU temperature under load.  The Intel stock cooler is minimal and it will get near the thermal limits at full load at standard speeds.

7sbvuf-6.png

#10 Parq

Parq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:09 AM

I think you could do better with the cabling, which will ease airflow across the motherboard.  Use the space behind the motherboard tray and the cable management holes that run around the tray.  Here is a build using the same case showing how the cables can be routed behind the motherboard.  Includes lots of pictures.

Also I would recommend upgrading the Intel cooler for a decent tower cooler, like a Cooler Master Evo 212.  This will lower CPU temperature under load.  The Intel stock cooler is minimal and it will get near the thermal limits at full load at standard speeds.

Thanks so much guys, big help on the tips!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users