Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have been infected with poweliks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zedbags

zedbags

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

This is my first time here. A few days ago my son downloaded a game and unfortunately it brought the poweliks!gm with it. I have all the expected symptoms, including the following:
Multiple dllhost.exe
Norton finding it and quarantined but only a temp file in the syswow64 folder
so on and so forth.
Im pretty nervous on this one as what I've read indicates it is new and quite difficult to remove. Ive tried all the standards, spybot, adwcleaner, but it gets some not all. I've disconnected from the internet via old fashioned cat5 yank and am now working off iPad in hopes of a solution. any help is greatly appreciated. I am quite comfortable with instructions and if needed working within the registry.
Windows 7 ultimate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zedbags

zedbags
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Well, for anyone else that gets this, or happens to read this thread, the solution in another thread I found does work if you follow the instructions exactly.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 November 2014 - 08:52 PM.
deleted suggestion to run a tool what is not allowed in Am I Infected. That tool is restricted to Malware Removal Logs.

#3 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:57 AM

Sorry Disregard. 

Edited by xAnti_HerOx, 14 November 2014 - 05:58 AM.

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users