Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is My Motherboard / CPU Dead?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrdave100

mrdave100

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

Had a power failure last night and when I booted up my computer this morning, the screen is blank. The BIOS and splashscreen telling me the brand of the motherboard doesn't even show.  The fans turn, but nothing else happens.

Could I go to Best Buy and have them run some sort of hardware diagnostic?

Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

Try this ... http://www.brighthub.com/computing/hardware/articles/72739.aspx .

#3 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

Also:

Turn PC off. Unplug PC. Disconnect everything: USB, speakers, mouse and keyboard and any other external hardware. Hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug machine back in (without external hardware). Push the power button.

If an external monitor is connected; try another.

Best Buy is an option but just know that they will keep it for a week or so and charge you oodles even if they do not fix it.... :wink:

Edited by bludgard, 02 November 2014 - 08:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users