Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"index3" and "index4" folders. Help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ZAKK

ZAKK

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

Hi folks,

I decided this morning I was going to clear up my computer of all the stuff I no longer need.  When browsing through my C: drive I noticed two folders named "Index3" and "Index4".  Upon opening these folders I noticed there were a lot of files inside.

Each file is a Winrar archive (I have Winrar for games I play) and range from 1-20kb each.

"Index3" has 646 files in it named "0" all the way up to "645"

"Index4" has 6,827 files in it named "0" all the way up to "6,827"

As I say, these are only a couple KB each, but any space I can clear helps.

I've done a few google searches but cannot seem to find any information about these, could anyone shed some light please?

Thanks,

Edited by ZAKK, 01 November 2014 - 07:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

If...they are folders created by the Win 7 Indexing function...turning Indexing off should remove them.

Indexing Notes

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users