Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE PROBS

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'm using Windows Vista home premium. On hp pavilion entertainmBnt pc

I'm viewing Windows upgrade history and the first one I see that failed was IE9 (which is the browser I'm using and having problems with)

IE 9 error details: Code 9C47

It was downloaded and installed 10/28/14
I don't know where my husband downloaded it from.

I go to program files 86x and find out in there it says
date modified: (which was an upgrade) was on 10/28/14
When I right click and go to properties it says....
Created: 11/2/2006
We are having problems with it.
It opens up other IE Windows that have nothing to do with what I'm trying to do. Like when I'm trying to access this web site I'm on. I don't know how to keep those windows from opening and don't know how to fix the error code up there ^^^^^^^
Www.Bleepingcomputer.com won't open on the laptop. It won't open www.Microsoft.com either. Therefore I'm using my phone to communicate with this board.
Inside of a ie window right below the tool bar it had big ads there for something weird. That I can't control.
Oh I could take screenshots when necessary
I would but don't know how. I can do it with my phone camera if pics are allowed. And if their necessary.
Right now I'm running a scan on Windows defender. But it's not able to update for what ever reason. This is one of the first steps I've tried using..
I have Norton internet security but the trial period is out so I can't update definitions.
I checked with Windows help and support and by searching how to remove a virus and it has me click on
Malicious software removal tool. Which takes me to Microsoft web page and this is what the page says
Internet explorer cannot display this page. So I click on diagnose connection problems the a window pops up and said there was no problem with the network and that I could report it to Microsoft so I clicked submit. And here I am :( I don't know much about Windows Vista or any other OS. But if someone could help me I'd be grateful.:)

Also upon looking at the update history a few others failed.
Microsoft xml core services 4.0 service pack 2 for x64-based systems
The next one is...
Microsoft .net framework 3.5 service pack 1 and .net framework 3.5 family update
The next one is...
Security for Microsoft xml core services 4.0 service pack 2 for x64- based systems
The next one is...
Update for Windows Vista x64- based systems (KB2541763)
Next ...
Security update for Windows Vista x64-based systems(KB2296011)
Next...
Omg there's a lot of them that failed. To many to write down our would take all night. But I did do a recent update search and only 1 optional download was available. So I'm assuming the others were eventually downloaded I'm not sure

Edited by resa83, 31 October 2014 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

Anyone have a clue?
Anyone have a clue?

#3 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

Well I did a system restore and I see I won't be getting help here.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
 A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
 This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
 At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
 Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.

Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

NOW :

• Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
     * Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button (only once)
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
  • A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
  • Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
  • If you have questions, post the Report log back here.

Next

• Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
    Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on the setup file (mbam-setup.exe) to install, then follow These instructions for doing a THREAT SCAN in normal mode.
  • Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
  • If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A.4. Issues.

Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily Disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

• After the scan, make sure that everything is checked and then click the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
  • After rebooting the computer, copy and past the mbam.log in your next reply.

If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

#5 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:05 AM

well i had already done that restore. and before i read your post i downloaded malwarebytes and ran that and spybot and ran that. and adwcleaner and used it. oh and microsoft essentials they were all coming back with "viewpoint" in programsx86 so malwarebytes has it quarantined but spybot and microsoft still pick it up. and i can go right to the file in programsx86

i'm not commputer literate so i'll be back tomorrow to see what i can and should do with these programs i have.on plan on getting avg antivirus tomorrow if i have enough data on my phone to use for a hotspot. now i should go to bed its late.

#6 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

couldnt go to sleep quite yet but here is one log

Rkill 2.6.8 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 11/03/2014 12:15:25 AM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows Vista ™ Home Premium Service Pack 2

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_15_0_0_189_ActiveX.exe (PID: 4308) [WD-HEUR]

1 proccess terminated!

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* HOSTS file entries found:

127.0.0.1       localhost
  ::1             localhost

Program finished at: 11/03/2014 12:16:07 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 0 minute(s), and 42 seconds(s)

#7 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:39 AM

# AdwCleaner v3.311 - Report created 03/11/2014 at 00:28:10
# Updated 30/09/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows ™ Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 (64 bits)
# Username : resa - RESA-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\resa\Downloads\adwcleaner_3.311.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

[x] Not Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\web-radio
[x] Not Deleted : C:\Users\resa\AppData\Local\web-radio
[!] Folder Deleted : C:\Users\resa\AppData\LocalLow\HPAppData

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F83C6003-6FE1-4814-9B52-272BD8A64C77}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{F83C6003-6FE1-4814-9B52-272BD8A64C77}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{F83C6003-6FE1-4814-9B52-272BD8A64C77}
Value Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar [{F83C6003-6FE1-4814-9B52-272BD8A64C77}]
Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser [{F83C6003-6FE1-4814-9B52-272BD8A64C77}]
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\web-radio
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\web-radio
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\web-radio Toolbar

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16584

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v33.0.1 (x86 en-US)

[ File : C:\Users\resa\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9f3h3spx.default\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [9243 octets] - [31/10/2014 23:57:42]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [5271 octets] - [02/11/2014 20:31:11]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1087 octets] - [02/11/2014 20:42:36]
AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [1999 octets] - [03/11/2014 00:26:13]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [9275 octets] - [01/11/2014 00:03:43]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1905 octets] - [03/11/2014 00:28:10]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1965 octets] ##########

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Omg there's a lot of them that failed. To many to write down our would take all night. But I did do a recent update search and only 1 optional download was available. So I'm assuming the others were eventually downloaded I'm not sure

True (generally) .......

well i had already done that restore. and before i read your post i downloaded malwarebytes and ran that and spybot and ran that. and adwcleaner and used it. oh and microsoft essentials they were all coming back with "viewpoint" in programsx86 so malwarebytes has it quarantined but spybot and microsoft still pick it up. and i can go right to the file in programsx86

?? You do not list any problems found or removed, just that you have problems ..

so malwarebytes has it quarantined

Please show us the Full MBAM log ....

Edited by noknojon, 03 November 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#9 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

My first internet problem is fixed. Bc I did a system restore. However the IE10 that's apparently not compatible with my OS (my husband didn't know apparently or wouldn't have downloaded it) needs to b removed and I'm not sure how to officially remove it from my desktop and any other location is at.... that's the only probably thus far.....

#10 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:39 AM

I don't think vista will allow you to install an IE that it doesn't support??? When you run IE go to help about and see what version is running.

#11 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

Try Firefox  << (from here) and see if there is any change ..........

You may just need to reinstall I.E. or use another browser till the problem clears up.

#12 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

True (generally) .......

?? You do not list any problems found or removed, just that you have problems ..

so malwarebytes has it quarantined

Please show us the Full MBAM log ....

i dont know how to show or find a full mbam log

#13 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

i dont know how to show or find a full mbam log

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 Version scan log information (Method 1)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
  • Select (check) the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan.
  • Click the View button.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 Version scan log information (Method 2)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the Scan Tab at the top.
  • Click the View detailed log link on the right.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.

-- Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Logs are named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd and automatically saved to the following locations:
-- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
-- Vista, Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd

Sorry if I did not include this information earlier ...........

#14 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

I dont understand why i need to run these malware removal tools for a problem with IE.. However I no longer have the initial problem i first posted about I have a whole new problem now. IE9 is updated no problem with that.

however when visiting pogo.com and trying to play dominoes with IE it states I have a pop up blocker installed preventing the window from opening. However Pop up Blocker is TURNED OFF! 

I'll be making a new post for this problem. because it is a new problem and the old problem is fixed.

thanks everyone. Like I said I'll be making a new topic for my new issue. thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users