Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple accounts locked out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kzziboy

kzziboy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

HELP!  I got in over my head.  My place of business installed new computers.  I have a username and password to log on to any of them.  However, there is one I use most and I needed to install a program.  I had an administrative user and password to install the program.  However when I installed it, it would not show up under my profile's desktop...only under the administrator desktop.  I tried to find a way to make it so the program was usable when I was signed in.  So I searched some help forums and found one that said to log in with admin privaleges.  Then login to gpedit.msc.  Then make some user changes and specify the program you want to be available to all users.

After I did this I'm now BLOCKED from using any program I try.  Can't use Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Chrome...nothing.  I can't even log back in using the admin password to change back what I did.

Can someone help!  This is a work computer I did this on and I want to figure it out so I don't get in trouble.  All I wanted was to be able to run a work related program!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:14 AM

Any help we give would just compound, and make us complicit with, the attempt to circumvent an employer's security measures. It is against our rules, found here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/ .

I recommend you seek mercy from your IT dept.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."