Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows essentail live installation issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrs.faith

mrs.faith

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

Good day.

Running win 8, I d/led Windows essentail live from this link : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentialsAttached File  msnmsgr.jpg   11.92KB   0 downloads
After installation I got error messages for missing files like attached file for messenger.
I tried to uninstall the package but could not find it on uninstall program or windows features. mad.gif

I need help to install one correctly or to removed it from system.

I mainly need this package for movie maker, I will be much happy if I get alternative freeware.

Thanks and regards.

Edited by mrs.faith, 31 October 2014 - 05:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,949 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

This solution is from ..    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/how-do-i-reinstall-wldcoredll/2075e9bf-2e5a-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?page=3

Please....make a RESTORE POINT before you attempt this

How to set a system restore point

. It seems the new Windows Live has grouped the wldcore.dll and wldlog.dll (used by Messenger, Contacts and Mail) to a folder c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared

image_thumb.png

Maybe because I did upgrade install it screwed up things.

The solution was simply copy paste those 2 files wldcore.dll and wldlog.dll from c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared to

• c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger
  • c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts
  • c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail

OR

if all of that is a bit too much.....

Uninstall using Revo......

Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free

Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
    From the list of programs double click on The Program to remove
    When prompted if you want to uninstall this program, click Yes.
    Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
    The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
    when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
    Once the program has searched for leftovers....(be patient here ! ) click Next.
    Check/tick the bolded items Only, then click  DELETE 
    When prompted click on Yes and then on next.   
    put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
    when prompted select yes then on next
    Once done click Finish.

How to use Revo Uninstaller

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

In this topic you post that you had install Avast.  You should not have two antivirus installed at any time.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Credit for this information goes to quietman7.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 mrs.faith

mrs.faith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:07 AM

I came to realized that I am having something wrong on my windows OS.

I tried everything possible but no useful result.

I am looking for movie maker replacement/alternative.

Thanks to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users