Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Distribution Service 2.0

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

Does someone knows what is a thing named "Software Distribution Service 2.0"?
Thanks,
Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

16 views and no one knows what is Software Distribution Service 2.0?

Please tell me something.

Thanks,

Darthy
Thanks John

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:20 PM

Found this by Googling:

It is a service designed to allow software to be distributed whenever you get an update. It is used in conjunction with system restore because typically when you receive an auto-update from MS, system restore launches in case something goes wrong with the update. YOu can then roll it back to a "pre-install period".

Edited by buddy215, 14 June 2006 - 08:25 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:13 PM

Thanks anyway buddy215, but the link you gave to me is broken.

Regards,

Darthy
Thanks John

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:12 AM

Darthy, you might tell us where you read, or heard, about this Service, or at least the context in which you came across it.
Thanks,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:11 AM

When I tried to make a restore Isaw all the boxes full with that thing "Software Distribution Service 2.0".
After, I make a search with Google and I saw an enormous amount of people with problems with the "Software Distribution Service 2.0".
That's all John.
Thanks,
Darthy
Thanks John

#7 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:13 PM

Golden_Eagle March 6th, 2006, 05:03 AM

Posts: 1 Other information on Software Distribution Service 2.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a LOT of problems with Software-distribution-service-2.0

Eventually, I started calling tech support for several different companies, hardware and software.

Several tech support places verified some very unusual information about SDS 2.0. They all told me that the software was created FOR Microsoft BY a company called Hadeseh.

Well, if you've ever been in the software industry you know one thing for sure, Microsoft does NOT have external companies doing development for them. If they like something or someone, they buy it. Nuff said. So, this was very hinky to me, and I pursued it further.

The only company I could find that was called Hadeseh was on a website computers.hadeseh.com which recently dissapeared, about a month after I called Microsoft's PR company, Wagner, who declined to comment on this externally created piece of software and Hadeseh.

All the same links and strange set-up that was on the web page computers.hadeseh.com is now on intocomputers.hadeseh.

Now you tell me what you think this is all about. I hit a wall in my investigation. Microsoft won't discuss it, and you can't get ahold of this alleged company that created SDS 2.0 for Microsoft.

-Golden_Eagle

Here is a post from one member of the site techzonez.com/forums/ talking about Software Distribution Service 2.0.
I think that's a very strange thing, don't you agree John?
Regards,
Darthy
Thanks John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users