Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dllhost.exe *32 Repliacting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ulyv

ulyv

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Hi,

It appears my system has been infected with some type of Malware and is causing dllhost.exe to replicate itself and consume my system's cpu resources also my internet security settings and home page also keep getting reset.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 razgrim

razgrim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

You are very infected. 

This guide claims a solution, albeit a long one.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/dllhost-exe-32-com-surrogate-removal/

The only thing my  workplace has found as a solution to the DLLHost replication virus is rebuilding the user accounts and deleting the old ones, as that appears to be where they hide. Of course, that step is the last step, first it's ideal to do the usual hitmanPro, roguekiller, tdsskiller, mbam sweep to clear everything else.

Edited by razgrim, 31 October 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

Or if hat is too difficult for you, you can repost here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
and get one on one help.

Include your issue and an FRST log.

Please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Let us know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users