Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Bleeping Computers World

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ginnyoneal

ginnyoneal

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

Hello to everyone. My name is Ginny. I am an old woman compared to most computer users. I have 4 children and 5 grandchildren. I am in the process of starting my own business on the internet. I thought "how hard could it be" to make a web site from scratch. Well, teach me. It is harder then one would think. I would be lost if it wasn't for my hosting company's support team. I own 3 domain's and plan on buying a few more. I figure if I come up with a good idea, why let anyone else steal it and use the same domain. Now, there is a long list of domain extentions ( which I didn't know) so I am sticking to the three I think are most recongizable.

I live with my brother & husband on 2 acre's. We are the gate house to a big 800 acre ranch. I don't pay attention to who is coming and going unless I am suppose to. The ranch has a few horse's and cow's. Nothing really big. Just a bunch of pasture animals to do some grazing and keep the grass down. The wild hogs are a big problem and they are destructive if the grass/weeds are not keep up.

I have been spending all my time trying to get the website up and running. I had one already to go,but I was not able to use it because the MLM I belong to will not allow anymore content (of what I wanted to start with). So I switched to a different domain tonight. No big problem, I will use the other domain later on down the road.

I found a virus on my computer last weekend. Spent a day cleaning that up (& organizing the files on my computer), then my mom decided she wanted internet; just what the world needs. So I spent another day, trying different antivirus programs to see which one is right for her. She must be doing something right, my phone has not rang in two days.

I have a feeling this is the long winded version of what you guys were looking for in saying hello for the first time.
I bopped around on your site,and it is really neat. I do believe I can find what I am looking for here the next time I run into a computer problem.

I thank everyone for reading this, and I hope everyone has a great day,

Ginny

Edited by ginnyoneal, 31 October 2014 - 04:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

ginnyoneal,  :welcome: to BC Forums!

Glad to have you abroad, and the sharing of some of your pastimes with the community. I do highly suggest for your protection to edit your post & remove your first name (or the part of your post in parenthesis), all it takes is that & the region one's from, to locate most anyone. We like to think that everyone is honest and has good intentions, but that's not real life. 

Feel free to explore the site, and jump in and assist others if you can, that's how you get to be known around here. And should you require assistance, always feel free to post, we have a very large community here, most any issue that arises can be addressed by someone. 

Hope that you enjoy the site! :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

G'day Ginny and Welcome to BC. (Cats advice is very wise indeed....I would do that)

You and i are in much the same boat....kids and grandkids everywhere.......they just keep breeding....

Have an enjoyable time here ginny.

Brian

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users