Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help needed to install a graphics card

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:34 AM

So Yesterday I found this ATI A7000/t/64mb/A graphics card and I tried to install it in my pci slot (orange colour) So after I did the procedure I turned my pc on and then installed the drivers. Next I restarted and went to the Bios and enabled inuit boot pci slot first. So next I turned my pc on and then the whole thing started to lag. The screen started to disotort. And there was a message saying that the driver did not follow the graphics accelator's instruction and the Vpu closed the graphics accelator.
(everything went fine untill I logged in). So I am stuck with the intregated graphics card. I really need that card so if anyone could help...... (alos as shown in the picture the card has that golden strip divide into three parts with 2 slits cut but the slot had only one barricade that went into the first slit form the back. There was another slot but I had my Vx 5.1 creative sound card there and the slot wast to close to the casing for the graphics card to be able to fit.)

The a7000 is an agp card and 64 mb

I use windows xp sp 3

my intregated graphics card is intel 82845G 64mb

I have 512 mb of ram

My hard disk is about 37 gb of

I have an intel pentium 4 at 2.3 GHz clock speed

I haven't upgraded since 2001

I have two slots an agp and a pci

the rest are in the detailed version

Here are the detailed specs

SPeccy = http://speccy.piriform.com/results/p8WS5xH3ugOnd1VFu3gXF8u

cpu-z =http://pastebin.com/9N3PrREu
P_500.jpg

Edited by Win32/sality.AT, 31 October 2014 - 02:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

Can anyone please help me?

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

Please explain what you mean by "found this card".  If the card was laying around it might have been defective from the start.

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:08 AM

You installed an AGP card into a PCI slot? I'm surprised it's working this well lol...

#5 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

You installed an AGP card into a PCI slot? I'm surprised it's working this well lol...

Wait my mother board does have an agp slot. And I am pretty sure that I have inserted the card in the agp slot look at the speccy report there is an agp slot free

Slot AGP
Slot Type: 
AGP
Slot Usage: 
Available
Bus Width: 
32 bit
Slot Designation: 
AGP
Characteristics: 
5V
Slot Number: 

Edited by Win32/sality.AT, 04 November 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#6 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

Please explain what you mean by "found this card".  If the card was laying around it might have been defective from the start.

Oh that card was my primary one untill my cousin changed my mother board as the previous one was faulty or so he thinks.... (my cousin used to fix our pc before he got really busy. And so he kept the card safely in a box that I found out some days before.

#7 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

I have just read that some agp graphics  card require an input from the power suplly so I am going to check that out

#8 TNF

TNF

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

I have just read that some agp graphics  card require an input from the power suplly so I am going to check that out

If it looks like the one you pictured, it does not use a separate power connection from the power supply.

Wish I could help you further, but if you plugged it into the AGP slot and not the PCI slot :wink:....  then I am at a a loss.

#9 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

If it looks like the one you pictured, it does not use a separate power connection from the power supply.

Wish I could help you further, but if you plugged it into the AGP slot and not the PCI slot :wink:....  then I am at a a loss.

But thanks anyway. :lol:

#10 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

So as TNF stated the card needs no power supply and the pc seems to work fine with the intel card untill I try to use the a7000

#11 Win32/sality.AT

Win32/sality.AT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

So i give up I will probably throw away the card or keep it as a memory or somethhing thanks for everything.

Admins please lock or delete this post.

#12 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Wait my mother board does have an agp slot. And I am pretty sure that I have inserted the card in the agp slot look at the speccy report there is an agp slot free

So Yesterday I found this ATI A7000/t/64mb/A graphics card and I tried to install it in my pci slot

^^

Sorry the card doesn't work. I had the same thing happen to me last week :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users