Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server 2008 R2 GPO and Win7 Security Policy - Audit Policy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 b.15101r.14944a

b.15101r.14944a

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi there

I have a older Server 2008 R2 Standard (SP-1) 64 and 25 desktops that are Windows 7 64,

At the server I have Group Policy Management, Default Domain Policy, Computer Config, Windows Setting, Security Settings, Local Policies, Audit Policy, all set to Success/Fail (account, directory, logon, object, prov, etc, etc, etc) this audits fine at the server.  GPMC looks good, RSOP is good with Default Domain Policy across the board.

The 25 desktops are getting the serverr GPO settings for Policy Password History/Password Age, Etc, and all other settings.

The 25 desktops are not getting local Audit Policy Success/Fail like the server, all "No Auditing" and not able to enable to either set mauaually or get updates from server GPO, did the gpupdate /force,

Where does desktops get their information for Auditing from Server 2008 GPO, I thought this came from the DC default GPO for auditing

Thanks

B.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mwieting

mwieting

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

Check your event viewer to see if there are any errors showing for group policy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users