Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD's after clean windows 7 64bit install - dmps/speccy/minitoolbox included

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joel0z

joel0z

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hi there,

Recently my PC got a black screen of death, where at login all I could do was move my cursor around, after numerous failed attempts to fix it I decided to format and do a clean install of windows 7.

After installing windows + all my drivers/games/other software everything seemed to be running fine until I got a random BSOD, I was a bit worried but didn't think much of it and restarted and everything was working fine for 5-6 hours. All of a sudden 5 BSOD's in a row right at windows login. I've managed to login now and everything has been fine for about an hour so I've gone and got the dmp/speccy snapshot and a minitoolbox log, I know something must be definitely wrong and would really appreciate some help looking over the logs to pinpoint the problem. thanks :)

Edited by joel0z, 30 October 2014 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hi,

You accidentally attached the BSOD files twice, and forgot to post the MiniToolBox results.  Also, when you post them, please paste them into your next reply rather than attaching files.  That is because Speccy is reporting that your antivirus program is disabled, and we want to avoid downloading possibly infected files from you onto our computers.

Now, since Speccy is reporting that your antivirus program is disabled, please check to make sure you have one installed.  If so, please make it active, update it, and run a full antivirus scan.

If you do not currently have an antivirus program installed, then please get one right away, update it & run a full scan.  There are plenty of free and payment required antivirus programs available, just as long as you use one and keep it up to date.  My personal favorite for Windows 7 is the free Microsoft Security Essentials program, which you can download from

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#3 joel0z

joel0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry for the uploads ill fix that up. I can assure you my computer isn't infected however ill go ahead and install malwarebytes anti-malware and run a full scan + upload a log etc so we can proceed. I have also had another BSOD since making this post so ill update all the logs and re-upload them. cheers!

Malwarebytes Log - http://www.mediafire.com/view/78a6bkw6uzjw1u2/mbamresult.txt

BSOD Files - http://www.mediafire.com/download/jyvlo5wksyusf4n/bsod.rar

MiniToolBox Log - http://www.mediafire.com/view/uq1f7fsmonhw03v/minitoolbox.txt

Speccy - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/sGZqyh8ZLiY6BYSiPvBzooB

#4 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

Took a chance, but was not able to read your MiniToolBox log or your MalwareBytes log.  However, please do not try attaching them again - please instead do a copy & paste into your next reply

Also, although MalwareBytes Antimalware is an excellent antimalware program, it is NOT an antivirus program, so your system will still be exposed to risk of infection until you get an antivirus program installed and active. 

My recommendation still stands for you to immediately download, install, update and run Microsoft Security Essentials.  Otherwise, even if your system isn't infected now, it could quickly get that way.

#5 joel0z

joel0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

No idea how you're having trouble viewing my logs as they're perfectly fine and have been viewed by others. There's obviously something going wrong at your end of things. Also what are you taking a chance with? you are just viewing a .txt file on mediafire.

In regards to my system being infected, as I stated before it's not. If my issue was something as simple as a virus I wouldn't be on here.  

Anyway I have narrowed down that e1c62x64.sys is causing one of the crashes, meaning I believe that my NIC drivers are crashing, I have gone ahead and uninstalled my NIC drivers/ reinstalled with the latest version. So far so good. 

thanks for your help. 

#6 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:39 PM

Glad to hear that your system is working better for you.

Best wishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users