Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Told not to use Win 8.1 DVD for clean install...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jhona56

jhona56

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

Hi, confused here. HP are the makers of my PC, which came pre-installed with windows 8, no software. It finally came time to just update the darn thing to win 8.1 and I wanted to use my new DVD, with OEM key (no frills, came from friend who works at Microsoft, so no paid for products). I was told not to do it that way, that I would then have to install all the update drivers myself, etc. All I am trying to do is ask how to rid computer of all the games, all the crap on the start menu that is sitting there waiting for install, I don't want any of it. How to I rid my computer of at least all the Wild Tangent Game apps?, Windows store?. It has to be contributing to why my PC is getting sluggish since upgrade. New high speed internet connection from Time Warner, uninstalling un-needed extensions from browsers, no matter what I do, I start up a single program like a video editor, and everything just starts to act like its on slo-mo. Then frosty windows starts acting up. I already Hate that they took away my windows XP, which was perfection in my mind, now I don't want to spend any time on my PC cause it is just no fun, with all of this going on. BTW, not a novice, cleaned this thing, don't over clean the registry, I just can't figure it out.

Any help whats so ever greatly appreciated,

jhona

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users