Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ntldr?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ackack

ackack

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:33 PM

well i have this problem on my computer and when it just starts loading up it goes to this message

NTLDR is missing
PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

/support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318728
Check here for the info you need

Edited by buddy215, 13 June 2006 - 04:44 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ackack

ackack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

Well my computer is running on WINDOWS XP S2

so will the windows 2000 way of resolving this problem work?

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:18 PM

Yes, those instructions apply to XP also. You will probably have to use Method 2 of repairing, at least that is the most likely, so I would start with that.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 computerdumb

computerdumb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

Hey guys....I am having the same problem as the guy before, but that link on the page shows up as invalid to me. PLEASE HELP!!!!

#6 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

Hey guys....I am having the same problem as the guy before, but that link on the page shows up as invalid to me. PLEASE HELP!!!!

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318728

#7 schoko_bon

schoko_bon

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hy! I'm having the same problem like these guys....so I've checked instructions and I would like to use method 3 because it seems to me less complicated (and I don't know what is boot disk or recovory console)than the others.
But, there is one problem: I don't have backed up my my data and I defintely want to save it. If I choose reinstalation(method3), will my files be deleted?? What should I do?!

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:21 AM

Although the error message may be the same for you all - it may be different things that are causing this.

I'd suggest that you post your own threads, and keep an eye on this one to see how it develops.

You can look at your boot.ini file in msconfig (Start...Run...type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press Enter).

There's lot's of other options, but if you don't want to use the Recovery Console, I'd suggest a repair install. It's a bit drastic, but it'll leave your programs and files intact. Here's the link: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users