Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 where

where

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

Good morning and hello to everyone. Cryptowall 2.0 and a family member has brought me to you guys. The info found helped understand the problem and the only solution after removing the evil was to rebuild and reinstall from scratch to insure a clean system. The lesson learned is that redundant backup is a good thing. unfortunately it is a practice that I did not do. rest assured it will now be a standard operating procedure for me and the little group that I support. Thanks again guys. Hope I never need you again but something tells me that's not going to happen.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

:welcome:

Sorry to hear about the cryptowall run in. These ransomware viruses are getting more and more popular thanks to cryptolocker which racked in a few million dollars in ~6 months. They are here to stay but with proper backups they will just become another annoyance like all the rest of the junk out there.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users