Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer suddenly stopped responding to any commands

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DefinitelyNoExpert

DefinitelyNoExpert

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

My printer (Lexmark X1195) suddenly stopped responding to any commands given, from any program that it responded to just fine previously (microsoft office, thunderbird, Adobe Reader).

I scanned with McAfee - no problems found

I checked the configurationscreen > Printers and it states "this device works in a correct fashion" (free translation, my Windows is in Dutch: "Dit apparaat werkt correct").

Then I tried to start the program I use to scan stuf: Lexmark 1100 Series Task Centrum. It shows signs of starting up, but then in just doesn't advance. Task Manager states that it "doesn't respond", and in details the problem seems to be within LXBKaiox.exe

I have two questions:

1) What do I do about this (How do I make my printer functional again)

2) Why did this suddenly become a problem? It worked all right until now and I am not aware of doing anything to change it.

Thank you in advance

PS I did check the plugs and restarted the computer a couple of times over a period of 2 days (hoping the problem would disappear as magically as it appeared).

Edited by DefinitelyNoExpert, 30 October 2014 - 06:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

is this a wireless printer?

#3 DefinitelyNoExpert

DefinitelyNoExpert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

No, not wireless.

And I do not need to be connected to the internet to print.

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/28399-installing-a-lexmark-x-1195-on-windows-7   Try this and see if it works.I had 2 Lexmark printers that would not work with Windows 7- had to install a Vista driver-

#5 DefinitelyNoExpert

DefinitelyNoExpert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

But it is a Windows 8 computer, and it worked just fine for the past 3 months.

Can it reall suddenly stop working like that? Did your printers work before?

#6 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

Hmm- yes the print function worked,but not the copy and scan feature- I would try uninstalling it and then reinstall.If you still have the same problem,I would just buy myself a new printer.Since yours is so old, It may have just worn out.They do that you know.You can find a multi function printer (New) for around 100 bucks. Walmart,Frys,and Microcenter always have great deals. I just bought a new HP 4630 wireless inkjet and it works great-

#7 DefinitelyNoExpert

DefinitelyNoExpert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

Yes, I've looked into that already. But the inktsets for this printer are quite full, so it would be wonderful if it could work till they're empty :orange:

I reinstalled the software and now it works again. Lets see how long this holds...

Thank you for all your suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users