Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help please malware bytes wont open I think im infected.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Happyjack1981

Happyjack1981

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

I tryied toi run camelion  i wewnt through all 13 tests but none of them worked.   Then I ran scan disc this morning and the cbs.log says there are several corupted files.    Can someone please help me

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 October 2014 - 03:20 PM.
Moved to AV forum from Windows 8. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

Malwarebytes Chameleon Technology is a feature which deals with malware that targets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. Is Malwarebytes not working and that is the reason you are trying to use Chameleon?

Usually when a computer is infected with malware there will be indications (signs of infection) that something is wrong. If the problem is only with Malwarebytes, one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to uninstall/reinstall as follows:
* How to fully Uninstall/Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
* How to fully Uninstall/Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - MBAM Clean Removal Process 1.75

-- If using the Premium version, you will need to reactivate Malwarebytes' using the license ID and key you were sent by email. Make sure you save that information so it is readily available when reinstalling.
-- Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab and check for updates if not done during installation.
-- Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes is showing in the task tray if using the Premium version. Then setup any file exclusions that may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications.

If you are dealing with a confirmed malware infection, the you should start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum OR follow the instructions provided in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.
  • If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users