Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

built a pc out of old parts, turned it on, monitor says no input

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

I built a computer out of a bunch of old parts. When I turned it on for the first time, nothing came up on the screen.

When you turn it on, after several seconds it beeps once. All of the fans are working and the drives seem to be spinning. But the monitor says there is no input.

It has an x850 pro video card, and I tried both the dvi and d-sub on there but neither seems to output anything to the monitor.

After waiting 20 seconds after turning it on, I pressed delete and it beeped once. Then I pressed delete a bunch of times and it just beeps each time you press it.

I have some ideas of what to try, and will try them tomorrow, but, what do you guys think it is / I should do? It's a p4sdx motherboard.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,018 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:49 AM

first things first, do you have onboard video and can you get to BIOS or the initial splash screen ?  the BIOS might be accessed by f2.  it depends on the motherboard prolly, and the beep codes also.

Edited by synergy513, 30 October 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 bludshot

bludshot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

No onboard video

#4 Zcar

Zcar

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

A bit late to the party.  Looks like the video card needs a 6 pin power connection.  Without it you will get no video. 

#5 bludshot

bludshot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:15 AM

It used a molex. Looks like either the card was bad, or perhaps the PSU wasn't giving it enough power, I dunno. Probably bad card even though I don't see any reason for it to be bad.

I replaced it with an x800 and now it works fine, thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users