Please download ewido anti-malware
it is a free version of the program.
- Install ewido anti-malware
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed, do the following:
- Reboot into safe mode:
Restart the computer
Immediately begin tapping the key.
Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the key.
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
- Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
- Reboot into normal mode.
Close ewido anti-malware.
Make sure you carefully follow those steps and run the scan in safe mode.
If none of this will work whatsoever then I suggest posting a HijackThis log in the HJT Logs and Analysis Forum. Here is a link to that Forum: HJT Forum
Please follow the preparation directions and try not to alter your system until you receive help from one of our HJT Team Members. The preparation directions are found at the following link:Prep Guide for Posting HJT LogsPlease note: Do not try to fix any problems with HJT yourself. This is an advanced tool and requires expert analysis.
I hope this helps you out!