Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Toolbar Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wektech

wektech

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

This is an annoying problem but not real serious. I have the yahoo toolbar installed for ie v6 on xp pro but I am unable to actually display it. The toolbar shows as available under the view toolbar menu but I am unable to actually put a check mark next to it. All acts like it should but the next time I check; there is no check mark. I have run the usual spyware scans using adaware, spybot, and Yahoo antispy. I also have run Norton and bitdefender scans. I also ran some registry tweaks for restoring the ie6 toolbars. All this without any joy. This may have happened when I installed the Google toolbar, but I have since removed both toolbars and reinstalled just yahoo toolbar, again no joy. Of course the yahoo site only shows solutions for common issues like not checking yahoo toolbars in the menu or moving the toolbar off the visible areas. I suspect that some malware may have changed some registry entries but the common toolbar entries seem to be ok. Has anyone seen this issue before and have any idea about a fix? If not, oh well, I have yahoo toolbar for firefox on this system and yahoo for ie on other systems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ginola

ginola

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

Download SuperAnti Spyware software for free, run it and after rebooting, your problem will be solved. I had the same issue for a long time (2 years) on one of my PCs and only just resolved it 2days ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users