Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dllhost.exe virus issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 frustrated1234

frustrated1234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hello all,

I have a friend that has the dllhost.exe issue on 3 computers. 

I have been doing some reading here on this site about this virus and have downloaded and ran (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool_32bit & ComboFix) tools with no luck of cleaning this off.

I havent posted the log files yet but I will if you guys want to take a look at them.

I wanted to ask how does this dllhost.exe virus infect your computer??

Is it lack of a virus program or did it come in by them downloading something to there computers. they did have a virus program on there computer, now

I dont know if they had the virus definitions up to date.

I was just wanting to make sure I get them protected and preventing them from getting it infected again by the same virus.

I appreciate the help, 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frustrated1234

frustrated1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

If I post the log file from Farbar can I get someone to look at it to see if this computer can be saved without formatting them?

Edited by frustrated1234, 30 October 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#3 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:20 AM

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! :welcome:
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:

• I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hi,

Do you still need assistance?

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#5 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:48 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users