I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong location but I'm not really sure where to post this problem. I can handle virus, spyware and things like that but I'm not sure this is any of those.
I have an Acer Aspire M3970
64 bit operating system
3.0 ghz processor
windows 7 service pack 1
It's a work computer for a 911 center. I have ESRI Mapping on it with a USB Key
I have a wireless Keyboard 2.4 ghz usb
Attached is a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
2 ViewSonic Monitors
Speakers and network is wired though there is a wireless adapter I'm too far from the router for that to work reliably
I have a ghost in the computer. It started about a year ago every time I would get up I would here the Da-Ding sound of a USB being unplugged once I got about 5 - 6 feet away. I have checked everything and even had other people watch me to make sure I was not loosing my mind or hearing things. I have taken the following steps to try and isolate the sound.
1. disabled the wirless
2. taken out the usb 2.4
3. turned wireless off on printer
4. checked to make sure there is no bluetooth on any device in the office
5. turned off all wirless on phones or ipads and left them laying on table
6. I have checked Windows logs to see if anything is happening at the exat moment but can't find anything definative to link to the exact time. Various things within a minute or two but totally random it appears
7. I have updated malware bytes and avast anti virus
I have no cameras on the computer at all
I can be sitting in my chair not touch the computer get up and walk 5 feet and it makes the sound. I have thought maybe I'm moving something but I'm in a room with a concrete floor that I don't really think I'm moving that much. I have had other people sit in the chair and do the same thing and the process repeats for them as well.
The only other thing I can possibly thing of is Static? Could Static do this? Or if anyone has any other ideas on how to figure this out please let me know. It's not affecting the computer as far as I know but it does tend to make one paranoid