Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Win 8.1

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 sueffisant

sueffisant

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hey,

I am hoping if you could help me to figure out which part of my memory on the laptop is defect.

I have been experiencing the blue screen with thee note of a kernel Data Inpage Error for roughly one week.

I ran chkdsk C: /f /r /x and checked RAM with  Memory Diagnostics Tool on Monday and no problems came up.
However I today again I am facing blue error screen almost every 15 min.

Any idea what I could do to fix it?

This is speccy

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/JvtXo0sH3MiNeawNLHFwVNj

Minidumps even in .zip are to big to upload (831KB) :S

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Short Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 sueffisant

sueffisant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hey thank you

I downloaded the programm and ran the test, it says the disk has passed the test. It doesnt say anything else.

Im still getting the blue screens though :(

Attached Files

Edited by sueffisant, 29 October 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#4 sueffisant

sueffisant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hey,

I still have the same problem! I reinstalled windows but the blue screen still comes up.
I dont know what the exact problem is and how I can find out what is causing the problem.
Can anyone help me, please?

#5 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hey,

I still have the same problem! I reinstalled windows but the blue screen still comes up.
I dont know what the exact problem is and how I can find out what is causing the problem.
Can anyone help me, please?

Hi Sueffisant & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I would need the Dump files in order to analyse the situation your system is in and help cure it ^_^.

Please note that without the Dump files, I can't help you out.

Kindly ZIP Up the dump files and then upload them to a File Hoster like Mediafire. The Dump files are located in "C:\Windows\Minidumps". You might need to copy them to some other folder before zipping them due to permission issues.

Once they are uploaded, paste back a link to it here and I would be glad to analyse them ^_^

-Pranav

Edited by blueelvis, 06 November 2014 - 06:19 AM.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:21 AM

Please run chkdsk /r

Open Search and type in cmd.

When this is displayed in the result box right click on it.  At the bottom of this window click on Run as administrator.

When the Elevated Comman Prompt opens type in chkdsk /r and press Enter.

You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

Restart your computer to start the scan.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.

When the scan is finished please download and run ListChkdskResult.

This will open Notepad with the results of the chkdsk scan.  Please copy and then paste this log in your topic.

Once this is finished please run the Speccy again and post the link in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 06 November 2014 - 08:26 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 sueffisant

sueffisant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:29 AM

HI

I ran chkdsk C: /f /r /x and checked RAM with  Memory Diagnostics Tool  last week Monday. Everything came up fine and without any problems.
Yesterday I reinstalled WIndows 8 through the program itself.

Here are the minidumps

Thank you for your help!

Attached Files

#8 sueffisant

sueffisant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:30 AM

If the minidumps dont give any answer Im happy to run chkdsk /r again.

Edited by sueffisant, 06 November 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

When you run chkdsk you do not need to use the /f and /x switches.  The chkdsk /r has the same functionality as the /f switch, it also checks for bad sectors on the hdd and recovers any readable information.  The /x switch forces the volume to dismount, you don't need to do this, just press "Y" when prompted and the scan will run after restarting the computer.

I would like for you to rerun chkdsk /r and post the log in your topic.

I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what the download contains.  Because of this I will not be able to see the dump files.

#10 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

Hi Sueffisant ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and the Speccy Report. Below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes -

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in.  Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: fffffa800d3b87a0, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff88017abc000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

According to the description provided by WINDBG, your kernel data from the Page File could not be read in. We can also see that the second argument (highlighted in RED) is 0 which means that the operation completed successfully. Now, we know what has happened.
Let's get to the side as to why this might have happened. This generally occurs due to software conflicts trying to access the same file. This could even be caused by Rootkit activity. Software conflicts most of the time involve Antivirus.

I checked your Speccy Report and found that you have installed both McAfee and Kaspersky Antivirus Suites. It is strongly suggested to have only one Antivirus running on the system as multiple Antivirus Suites cause many problems. 
Till the time we are troubleshooting your system, kindly remove both of them using the below tools -

McAfee - http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
Kaspersky - http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

Once both of them are un-installed (Make sure you use only the tools provided above), check your system for stability. Once you notice that the system is stable, I would advise you to install only ONE Antivirus Product of your choice. During the time you are checking the system for stability, if possible do not connect to the Internet as a precaution and turn on Windows Defender.

If the above steps does not help in curing the system, kindly run the Driver Verifier according to this **GUIDE** since the call stack is not showing the driver which caused the Bugcheck. Make sure you let the Driver Verifier crash the system for few times. Once it is done, upload a fresh set of Zipped Minidump Files.
Also, upload the ZIP File created by this tool over **HERE**.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

I checked your Speccy Report and found that you have installed both McAfee and Kaspersky Antivirus Suites. It is strongly suggested to have only one Antivirus running on the system as multiple Antivirus Suites cause many problems. 

Good catch, I missed the McAfee.  

It does appear that McAfee is disabled, but you still should not have two anitvirus programs installed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Credit for this information goes to quietman7.

#12 sueffisant

sueffisant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hi :)

Thank you for all your help!
After I resinstaled Windows I installed Antivir and deinstalled McAfee with the given link. So there is only one programm now.

I ran Speccy again:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/taoSh0rhKE8tnH1Jc2pa1Nm

I also tried to do chkdsk/r but when I try it it says:
Access Denied as you do not have sufficient priviliges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Did you follow the instructions in post #6?

You have to be using an administrative user account.

#14 sueffisant

sueffisant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:32 AM

Here is the Report:

ListChkdskResult by SleepyDude v0.1.7 Beta | 21-09-2013

------< Log generate on 08/11/2014 07:31:03 >------
Category: 0
Computer Name:
Event Code: 1001
Record Number: 1837
Source Name: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Time Written: 11-08-2014 @ 02:10:19
Event Type: Information
User:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is TI30992300A.

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You
may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended
that you continue.
Windows will now check the disk.                         

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
  296448 file records processed.                                         

File verification completed.
  2254 large file records processed.                                   

0 bad file records processed.                                     

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
  392992 index entries processed.                                        

Index verification completed.
  0 unindexed files scanned.                                        

0 unindexed files recovered.                                      

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
Cleaning up 63 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 63 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 63 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
  48273 data files processed.                                

And I ran Speccy again:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rQD65DTvdtKe4gcGdgbTLni

Edited by sueffisant, 07 November 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

There are two more parts of the chkdsk log 4 of 5, and 5 of 5.  Where are these?

I see that you are using Avira as your antivirus, but you also have McAfee installed.  I would suggest uninstalling the McAfee as you  should only have one antivirus installed.  I'm guessing that McAfee came installed on this computer?  Did you activate it?  I would suggest uninstalling it in Programs and Features.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Credit for this information goes to quietman7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users