Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Laptop Monitor (strange video image)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Reesche

Reesche

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:42 PM

Hi..... today in the middle of nowhere.... my HP Laptop 4530s monitor has this strange "pencil like ghosted" image on the screen.  What happened? 

The only thing I did to it today was wipe off the screen.

See attachments.

Can anyone tell me what this is all about?

Thank You!

Reesche

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

Turn off the display and use a flash light to see if you can see the same streak. It looks like leakage of the lcd i'm afraid. Or water fluid got inside it? Did you spray it with cleaner or something? If so, you never spray the screen directly. Never use detergent type sprays. Just a very lightly water damp soft cloth.  

Edited by technonymous, 29 October 2014 - 02:58 AM.

#3 Reesche

Reesche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

So.... time for a new screen?   I tested it last night hooking it up to another screen and it did not show up.  Shopping around on-line Amazon has the LP156WH4 for $50.00 shipped BUT it has a glossy screen instead of my Matt screen... Should I be concerned with that?  The YouTube installation seemed pretty straight forward.... lots of little screws.  Do you know anywhere to get a MATT finish screen like the one I have?

And YES, I did wash it off yesterday with soapy water and dried it off immediatly.  So your saying that water some how got underneigh it and into the screen?

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

If it is the proper replacement I wouldn't worry about it. The glossy finish will have a little more reflection glare. You'll have to google around more maybe try the manufacturer themselves. They will more than likely charge you more. Good luck with replacing it and be careful and take you time. 

#5 Reesche

Reesche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

I thank you for your input dude!

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Don't forget to remove the battery and unplug the power adapter before replacing the screen. LED drivers built in to the motherboard of modern computers can easily be destroyed by just removing the cable and having 2 pins cross.

Removing the battery and power adapter is essential.

As stated above, take your time and be careful, screens are pretty easy to replace in most models, youtube videos always help.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#7 Reesche

Reesche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Will do.  Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users