Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Veriton 3600G hard drive removal and saving data

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hey_distraction

hey_distraction

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hi, I hope I have the correct section. Would anyone be able to advise or point me in the right direction on how to remove a hard drive from an old Veriton 3600G comp and getting access to the data on another comp? 

I apologise for this question as I realise you're all computer geniuses and this is below you, but any pointers would be appreciated. My google search confused me.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hello, and Welcome

You can either remove it or leave it in place and use a small linux distro like Puppy to backup your data to a USB external or flash drive. For that computer I would recommend Puppy 5.2.8.

Burn the iso file in Windows 7 by right clicking and selecting Burn Image. If you do not have Windows 7 you can use Imgburn or isoburner to burn the disk. Boot the Puppy disk and when you get to the desktop you should see the hard drive of the Acer labeled as sda1. Click it once and a green dot will appear next to the hard drive icon and the File Manager will open. Attach a USB flash drive or external drive. A USB icon will appear on the desktop. Click once on it and another File Manager will open. Browse the hard disk on the Acer and select files by left clicking + Ctrl. You can select files and folders. Drag the highlighted files/folders over to the File Manager of the USB flash/external drive. A small dialog window will open asking if you want to copy or move the files. Select Copy.

Here is a guide that will help. Do not bother doing the diskfix at shown in the guide.

Here are instructions for removing the drive. Starting at page 66.  It's for the 3600GT but it may be similar.

Edit: Service Manual. See page 82

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 October 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

Another path remove the drive, look for jumper settings on the drive.  If no instruction for settings go to the manufacturers site to get them, set the jumpers to slave.  Then simply install the drive in another computer, you can then transfer the files to another medium.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users