Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11 and email issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jneely

jneely

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

My mom's having issues with IE 11 and is using windows 7 home edition. When the computer is setting idle an error pops-up saying the IE is having a problem. It then gives you the option to either close the program or let it search for a solution. When you select it to find a solution it acts like it's doing something then goes away. My mom is also using Outlook 2007 to check her email and mentioned having issue there as well. She gets one she thinks is from Norton that is just COM surrogate. She also mentioned that Norton will pop up with a high usage warning as well. Any help that you can provide both mom and I would appreciate it.

Sorry should have mentioned when I first posted this that she is still able to use IE 11.

Edited by jneely, 28 October 2014 - 04:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jneely

jneely
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

Okay did a little digging and found out what COM surrogate is I don't completely understand it but at least I've got a good idea. As for the IE issue I'm going to wait and try and get a screen shot of it so you can see what's going on with her pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users